Brent was extra excited to be able to have one last hunt with his Dad this year on his Dad's land in North Dakota, drawing this out of state tag will likely never happen again (Brent's pretty lucky sometimes, ya never know). After the first day of hunting I got the report that they had seen about 6 bucks and were going to go after them the next day....my response was, isn't it opening day, why wait? Turns out Brent and his Dad have a much more laid back personality than mine! Their plan worked out just fine, the second day of hunting brought these bucks out of the woodwork for the boys. Brent says that this is probably the biggest whitetail that he's shot (top photo). I've got to say, they're both (Jim's, bottom photo) a whole lot bigger than mine! Well done boys!!
I know that some of you out there might be getting sick of all of the hunting blog posts, but don't you worry, there's a baby on the way and soon you'll be sick of seeing baby pictures too. Guess our lives are pretty mellow....hunting and baby. Maybe we should find a new hobby?! With any luck Brent will be able to play hockey this season, so we should have some good entries from that as well.
Brief, first dating story:
I went to the hockey rink to watch Brent play for probably the first time since we had begun dating. I sat right next to the glass, just to the side of the goalie, by myself. I saw Brent skating around the back side of the goal and watched as some big man from the other team brought his stick right down across Brent's arm - which I later learned is called 'slashing' (I think that's right...). The second that this happened Brent exchanged choice words with the man and tells me later that all he wanted to do was take the man out, but worried that I would think he was some sort of macho man brute, so ended up letting the guy have it with his 'choice words' - which I won't include as a quote - then he skated away. What he didn't see (or hear) was me standing up on the bleacher seat yelling at him to take the guy out! Turns out there's no fighting in this hockey league...oops. I'm sure that all of the wives, girlfriends, friends and children that were there to watch the rest of the team play (without 'taking anyone out') were more than impressed with me and my antics! Sometimes I can't belive that he still married me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment