Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby Update

I went to my 6 month doctor's appointment this morning and thought I'd better post a Three update. I chose to have a midwife instead of an OB - seems like she's more interested in me and the baby than just another number or another face. I sure like her, she's great and just so laid back. She doesn't even give me time to freak out about anything....just even keeled, which is exactly what I need right now. She went to listen to Three's heartrate with her monitor and just as soon as she set the monitor on my belly Three let out two huge kicks....the kind of kicks that say, "hey, watch where you're putting that thing!". We got a good laugh out of that (just earlier I had told her that Three was a very quiet baby, not much for kicking for hours or very hard). Three's heart rate was up to 160 today, normally it's in the 150's. I did the glucose test (drink a super deluxe orange soda, then get blood drawn an hour later) before the appointment, so I would guess that the huge amount of sugar that was coursing through my body was also making it's way through Three's little body too! From what I have read Three is weighing in at a little over a pound and is the size of an ear of corn, working it's way up to a rutabega. I think it's funny that they always use food to compare the baby too. I can't believe how fast this whole thing has gone, seems like just yesterday I was staring at the bottom of a toilet and making a mental note that we had to clean the toilets! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm assuming that is in reference to the pregnancy test?!!

Mike & Crissy said...

Yay! So glad you and little Three are doing well. I can't believe you are already 6 mo.! Wow that little one will be here soon!
Love you guys!

Mike & Crissy said...

With reference to the preschool thing - Cora doesn't get to go until she's 3. Problem is she thinks she's 3! Yeah, I'm definately a little worried that she's going to have a fit that she can't stay with Wyatt. We bought him a new fall jacket and a little backpack, and of course she had to have the same (in a girlie version :) ). Oh, well she and I have things to do and places to be, maybe we'll call them her "school".