Happy anniversary to us! Yipee! One year and counting. Big night of pizza and movies....and a little relaxation.
I think this might be where we do a little reflecting on the past and what brought us together:
Brent and I met through softball in Missoula. It turns out we may have even played on the same teams (or possible against each other) years ago. So there I was....sitting in my spot on the bench (all the way at the end, sitting on my glove, usually being very quiet - yes, not the 'real' Amy we all know and love). Brent came up (he was one of the bat boys for our team that year) and informed me that my tag was sticking out. I informed him that I was starting a trend and to watch, it would soon catch on. And it's all history from there! We enjoyed a lot more softball that summer, lots of camping trips, 4-wheeler rides, fishing, hunting, good friends and family.
What's next? Ring shopping, of course!!! I cried. Yep, we went to the mall and Brent was being all sneaky, asking me if I were to have a ring, what would it look like. Well, we went to probably 6 different ring shops and there were crazy women (and men) pulling out thousand plus dollar rings and asking when we were getting married and how we met and all the bull that they're trained to bring up for small talk when trying to sell you an overpriced diamond. So....I cried. I hated it, I hated the rings, I started to wonder if I really was a 'woman'? I don't like diamonds, what kind of girl am I? The kind Brent still loved, even after my little show in the mall. So, to get that off of our chests, we went to the hockey rink. Brent had a game and I did lots of cheering and tried to put ring shopping out of my mind. The next week Brent contacted Pandora, a great little ring shop downtown and told them about his girlfriend who hated ring shopping, people oogling and hated diamonds. He asked if I would go with him to this shop and he must have given them the perfect rundown on me because it was a wonderful experience! We picked out my stone (white sapphire) and the setting, ordered it and headed home in less than an hour. Whew. Not so bad.
The big proposal.....drum roll......bring in the star of the show......MIKA!!!! One night Brent kept calling Mika to come over and I kept telling him that she wanted to lay in her spot. She always hangs out at night in the same spot and doesn't need a whole lot of lovin, so I was telling him that he should leave her alone. Well, he finally got her to come over and she had a new necklace on, with my ring hanging from it! How perfect? My favorite dog and the perfect ring. I couldn't have asked for anything better! And, well, the rest is history. Cash came a little earlier than we expected, but we wouldn't change anything.
So here we are one year later, married, parents and just as happy as we were a year ago.....check that....HAPPIER!! Thanks for a wonderful year Brent! Looking forward to the next 50!! :)
1 comment:
Yay, Happy Anniversary! Hope you're enjoying the gorgeous day.
Post a Comment