Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day!!

A late Happy Father's Day to everyone! Wow...am I ever behind on this blogging! :) At least I'm getting it together now. Really, the only reason I'm getting back on the wagon is because I was supposed to go home to see Mom and Dad this weekend, along with Cash and Mika, but plans have changed. For what reason you ask?!? Because I drove in the city today. Downtown Missoula....city. No more driving for me, only blogging.


Anyhow, we went to Yellowstone and did the Old Faithful run as a family for Father's Day, stayed with my old buddy Barney and his wife Edine (what a great dinner they made us!!!), then fished between the lakes (Hebgen and Quake) on our way home. Brent and I both caught HUGE fish....okay, okay....they were little whities, but a fish is a fish! FISH ON!!!


I was a little worried about wet wading with Cash, but after watching Brent fish for a little bit, I just couldn't take it any longer. I had to fish! So I braved what I thought would be freezing cold water (turned out it wasn't so bad), waded out to the 'hot spot' and landed a monster! Brent and Cash waded across to the little island that I was on and caught the action on film. Unfortunately, Cash and I headed back to the pickup before Brent landed his monster, so I only got pics of him yarding one in before losing it centimeters from the net!

No comments: