Monday, July 20, 2009

4th of July camping trip

I think I may say this in every post but -- this one's a little late, it's been busy around here -- :)

The 4th of July has come and gone this year with not one firework. We went up to Noxon reservoir with our friends Todd, Tracy, Amy and Randy. It was a great weekend with a little fishing, a little boating, some tanning and a few nights with great fires. The 4th we actually spent at camp sitting around the campfire and eating one too many s'mores. Is it just me or do those things get better as you get older? I know one thing: if there are leftover s'more makings it is best to send them home with someone else. I took on the task of eating 2 bags of marshmallows, 2 packages of graham crackers and 3 chocolate bars. Brent didn't even offer to help....strange! Oh, and Amy taught us that you can use chocolate covered graham cracker cookies and you eliminate some of the work. After taste testing the 'old way' vs. the 'new way' Brent and I both determined that the 'new way' actually produced a tastier s'more -- Cash can try it out next year!

Cash is such a great little camper! We put up the tent and set up his pack 'n play in it and the little guy slept like a rock. Not a peep! He caught his first fish (no pics, sorry)....I was reeling in a tiny one from the dock and Cash felt that it was the right moment to grab the pole, so that was his first fish -- or so the story goes. I see a lot more camping in our future!

As a matter of fact, we did a little camping this last weekend as well. We spent Friday through Sunday camping in Superior and watching softball. Brent was in a tournament all weekend so Cash and I hung out and did a lot of cheering, but mostly hung out in the kiddie pool. Cash had an absolute blast....even in the cold water! It was pretty warm out so I think it was a nice way to cool off for the little guy. Oh, and a Cash update: when he gets upset he'll start saying "dadadadda" -- working on his first word. I think it'll be Mommy! :) hahaha

I am putting up a slideshow of the past few weeks just to cut down on the whole uploading of one picture at a time. There's a few pics of Cash's first 4-wheeler ride, a nice tall buck in our front yard, some Superior softball and a few from the 4th.

Keep watching....one of these days I'll put up some pics from the 1/2 marathon (July 12) and review each step with ya! It'll be fun....probably about as fun as running 13.1 miles all at once. I know this may sound a tiny bit sick, but it was actually FUN!

No comments: