Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Play ball!

Most of our weekends are spent at the softball fields in Missoula during the summer....oh, and our Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Last year I would've included Fridays in there, but the co rec team plays a bit too late for Cash. He loves going to the ball fields -- I think it's all the girlie attention that he gets. A face only a mother could love....poor little homely kid....not once have I gone to a game where someone didn't scream "Cash!!!" and run over to give him extra lovin'.


This past weekend (after being too rattled to drive home post Missoula driving) Brent played in a 35 and over tournament (yep, it's official, he's playing 35 and older.....it happens to everyone!) and Cash and I went down to do some cheering. Turns out, it's not only the girls that love the little guy, most of the guys on Brent's team offered or asked to hold Cash. I couldn't believe it! Of course, this is the girl that held only one baby before Cash was born....I think Wyatt was pushing 9 months the first time I held him or saw him. I would've never asked to hold someone's baby. I couldn't believe that someone, especially a man, would be so comfortable with baby time.
A picture of our buddy Joe -- their team had a game in the early morning and then had to sit and wait until late afternoon to play, so he came over to cheer our boys on!
Oh, I forgot to mention -- Brent's team took 1st place! Champions! A shirt for everyone.

No comments: