My big project this year while Brent was at elk camp was to tear down the existing shelving in the garage, build a new set of shelving, power wash and scrub the garage floor and use a concrete stain to 'spiff it up' and hopefully help keep some of the dust and dirt down. Sunday through Tuesday night I stayed up late after work and Cash's bedtime to tear everything apart and do some moving. Wednesday night Doug came up to the house and helped me get the frame of the new shelving unit up and Thursday night we finished the building. I used Friday to powerwash the garage and put the good cleaning on it, then primed and painted the shelving. The plan was to wait for Cash to go to bed and then it was out to the garage to put the stain on. Then....the plan went down the drain -- Brent came home early! :)
Turns out there was nothing but people, people and more people up where they were hunting. Not just people....but from the sounds of it, dumb people. You know the ones (I hope I'm not offending anyone who does this, but my guess is none of you would pull this)....the ones that walk right through everything, making as much noise as possible as they go and cow calling or bugling every 5 minutes. Yep, that's real natural, that's what elk do all day. Amazing.
Back to the garage. Now Brent has come home, I had just put Cash down....we got him up to give some loves to Dad and he just sat in his arms patting his face and smiling (Cash did that to Brent, not the other way around). I told Brent that since this was my project that I would finish it so he could just relax after a long week of hiking and hunting. I finished....at midnight I finished. Whew! Yesterday was a day of putting the garage back together and we are now back on track. Our house no longer resembles the Beverly Hillbillies with all of our garage contents thrown outside and now I can't help but to walk out and just take a peek every few hours. It's beautiful! Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I didn't even imagine it being this nice when I came up with this project!
Now what?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment