Tuesday, October 5, 2010

AUGUST 16TH??

Holy crap -- the last time I posted anything to this blog was August 16th?!? I wonder if the powers that be can fire me from this job. I would deserve it.

Speaking of jobs, I am applying (yes, again) for a new job, but at the same location. There are a few permanents opening up and I'm hoping, praying, talking to whoever will listen, keeping my fingers and toes crossed.....well, you get the point......that this one comes through. Let's hope that all of this hoping, etc. pays off and I land a PERMANENT job. Is it even possible?!?

I am now 19 weeks pregnant. I guess I don't put much on the blog when I'm pregnant (this is pure and simply an excuse....a bad one....for not being better about this blog - read on) because there's not much more to talk about than being pregnant. And, well, let's face it....pregnancy and I don't get along all that well. On a good note: I am no longer sick and am just getting big now. I should probably just be thankful....and I am. I swear. Now, onto bigger and better things. Tomorrow is our last ultrasound. This was supposed to happen 2 weeks ago, but they bumped us back. So, now the day has arrived that we can finally peek....and, NO we're not going to! Yet another surprise for us. It's so fun not to know....better than xmas, because honestly, I peek at my xmas gifts (or I buy them for myself and write 'from Cash' on the tags). I've read that the new baby is the size of a mango. Why, oh why, do they always refer to your baby as some sort of fruit or vegetable? Strange. Maybe someday I'll become a writer and come up with a better comparison. They start as a fruit, somehow hit a quarter and then head right back to the produce section. Very strange.

Cash is chatting away like crazy these days. Seems his little ears are much more tuned into swear words. How can that be? It's not like we're cussing every other sentence. It's random, it's only once a day (twice for Brent). And that's what he wants to say....and so clearly. Nice. We're working on our mouths and Cash is helping....I don't think this will take long. He loves all of his animals and especially loves to feed his horse, Bodie. He doesn't seem to have a fear in the world and Bodie is fairly patient with him and getting better every day. Cash seems to like his potty now -- he'll sit on it, but only with his diaper on. Who can blame the kid? Like Mom said, it's probably more comfy....a little more cushion. Maybe I'll have to upgrade to a cushier seat. Did you know that they make a potty that sings a song (one of three) if the deed is done?!? That's just crazy. Who comes up with this stuff? Needless to say....we have the VW of the potty world....and we'll sing our own song when the time comes. We'll have to think of a good one though.....I'm open to suggestions.

I suppose that's about all that's happening these days. Brent has spent some time out bow hunting, but has yet to put anything in the freezer. I'm sure it's just a poor excuse for guys poker night or something. :) Sounds like we'll hold off on hunting until rifle season for now -- I think that gives us a few weeks....don't worry, Mike, I won't start early! Other than that....chores, work and no blog. Now....let's see what kind of pictures I can come up with!
I think this was 14 weeks - no pictures of my face, because I'm grouchy.


Cash and his wild bed head (if you can tell)....with his slippers -- he loves to wear slippers!

This is a sick day -- we had to watch football all day and sit on the couch with his 'D' -- his blanket.


Getting ready to go for a jog.

Mike's surprise 'way to go' bbq.

Cora's pink shoes were a hit....except Cora wasn't having it. Who can blame her -- those pink shoes just aren't doing it for Cash. He sure loves to wear other people's shoes though. We need to start hiding ours from him!
Happy October!

No comments: