Thursday, October 7, 2010

Four


We got to see 4 yesterday -- I guess that's our new name so that we don't have to call the new baby 'It'. Or Cousin It. I think that we mentioned the name 2 as well -- I don't know. Any even number will do I suppose. This picture made us laugh - 4 has it's little thumb stuck in it's eye. My first thought was of Airplane -- "I picked a heck of a day to quit drinking". You may need to rent that one! 4 kept opening it's mouth and looked like was taking a stab at thumb sucking, but this is where the thumb ultimately ended up. There was lots of waving going on as well. Does it seem weird to anyone else that you can see inside your own belly. That seems weird to me. The technician and I were joking that someday, some baby is going to sue for invasion of privacy -- they'll say that they were traumatized for life after what happened to them in the womb. Mark that on your calendar....if it comes up....it was my idea -- and we can throw the technician a bone as well.

Anyhow....the little one was all tucked up like a ball and squirming all around. I think we ended up in there a little longer than we should have, waiting for 4 to stop moving so they could get their measurements. Honestly, I almost fell asleep. It's so dark in there and there's just the light of the screen....nobody's talking....I was tired when I left!

For those of you that thought we couldn't hold out again.....we did. We still don't know if we're having a boy or a girl. And neither does the technician. We'll have to wait until the first week of March - my due date is anywhere from the 1st to the 6th from what I've been told up until now. 4 will come when ready...just as Cash did...except I hope that we don't have boot 4 out like we had to with Cash! Guess I was just prepping for when he's 18.

No comments: